Kutak Rock attorneys walk the fields, feedlots and ranches of America to stay attune with agriculture trends and national political climate, and importantly match our clients’ specific business needs to the most innovative practices of agribusiness law. So, while we know the difference between a bull and a steer as easily as the difference between a reverse triangular merger and a forward triangular merger, clients’ real advantages with our firm are fast, cost-effective legal counsel and the peace of mind to concentrate on core business.
Our attorneys represent producers, agricultural lenders, agricultural manufacturing, packaged food companies, risk management entities, input suppliers, chemical suppliers, grain elevators, agricultural cooperatives, feedlots, sale barns, feral operations, ethanol plants, packing plants and implement manufacturers and dealers—just to name a few. We have worked on transactions involving biofuels, ranching, farming, processing, hauling, applying and trading.
Providing legal advice to today’s agriculture and agribusiness requires the integration of virtually every aspect of law. Complex financing arrangements, regulatory and environmental compliance and entity structure issues demand the experience and diversity of practices that Kutak Rock offers.
Our lawyers daily provide advice and counsel on issues related to:
- Acquisitions, Improvements and Finance (Farm, Ranch, Processing, Digestors, Entities, Equity and Debt, Bond Financing).
- Agricultural and Marketing Cooperatives (Farmer’s Coops, Marketing Coops, Lending Coops).
- Agricultural Lending (Banks, Cooperative Lenders, Insurance Companies, Captive Financing, Leasing).
- BioEnergy (Biomass, Corn Based Ethanol, Cellulosic Ethanol, Bio Diesel).
- Dairy, Diversified Food and Input Entities, Environmental issues, the Farm Bill, Food Safety, Grains, Feeds and Oils (Corn, sorghum, Barley, Oats, Wheat, Soybeans, Rice, Cotton, Sugar, Corn Oil, Soy Oil).
- Horticulture (Vegetables, Citrus, Non-Citrus Fruits, Tree Nuts).
- Inputs (Seeds, Fertilizer, Applications).
- International Trade/Import and Export, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Livestock (Beef, Pork, Poultry, Fish, Eggs).
- Agricultural Machinery and Related Industries.
- Processing and P&S (Processing Plants, Fractionization, Sale Barns) USDA Regulations.
- Sales and Marketing Issues.
- Warehousing and Storage.
- Wine Industry (Vineyards, Wineries and Distribution).