Kutak Rock’s team has been actively involved in representing credit enhancers, including financial guaranty insurers, for more than 35 years. Our credit enhancement attorneys understand all aspects of transactions using credit enhancements and create long-term advisor relationships with our credit enhancement clients.
Our credit enhancement lawyers have a complete understanding of the unique issues faced by credit enhancers as well as the interests of issuers, trustees and borrowers in financing transactions. Our credit enhancement experience also allows us to assist credit enhancers with post-issuance compliance and restructuring when transactions encounter difficulties post-closing. Our clients rely on us to provide proactive advice to assist them in identifying potential issues involving collateral, cash flow and covenants in existing credit-enhanced financings.
Some examples of the credit-enhanced transactions where we have developed expertise include:
- General obligation and municipal improvement projects
- Health care financings
- Pooled bond programs
- Stadiums and arenas< li="">
- Military housing
- Single and multifamily housing
- Cultural institutions
- Power, water and sewer facilities
- Airport, railroad and seaport projects
- Student loan financings
- Industrial, civic and economic development projects
- Higher education facilities
- Interest rate swap transactions